my bag


I just read an article that says:

As many as 32 percent of those studied in the poll said they either don’t own or can’t actually remember ever buying any travel luggage. Thirty percent of those polled haven’t bought new luggage in six or more years, with only 10 percent even knowing where their current luggage even came from.

The last luggage I bought was a suitcase we got for our honeymoon 15 years ago. It's rugged, but we don't really use it as much as the brown pigskin bag I got in around 1990.

It has gone everywhere with me. I occasionally think it would be fun to stitch the places on it, like a passport: New York, San Francisco, St Louis, Canton, Grand Rapids, Charleston, Chicago, New Orleans, Boston, Newburyport MA, Rowlesburg WV, Baltimore, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Paris, London, Edinburgh, Solihull, Manchester, Salisbury, Bangkok, Ranong, Ko Chang, Ko Samui, Chiang Mai, Nakhon-si-Thammarat, Mexico City, Tepotzotlán, Boquete in Panama, Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Punta del Diablo, Münster, Frankfurt, Zürich, Innsbruck, Prague, Vienna, County Galway, Florence, Rome, Como, Fano, Beijing, Kunming, Istanbul, Izmir, Ephesus ....

One bag — and rarely more.

It's still in great shape, and recently carried me all the way to a nice hotel in downtown SA.

Comments

Popular Posts