new gear

I've always been a late and reluctant adopter. Most of the music I've composed and recorded and produced has been done on equipment that is laughably out of date. (For The Dream of Skip I used a computer whose market value was around ten bucks. A friend actually made one into a fishtank at the same time I was doing commercials and soundtracks on it.)

Today, I just hooked up a new and rather advanced input device. You plug your microphones and instruments into it, and plug it into your computer, and you've got a real nice way to record. This one has the capacity to record 20 tracks at once, and it's got 8 gorgeous preamps, which might be overkill for just my home studio, but recently I've been doing more and more recording at various locations, sometimes including 17-piece orchestras, and I'll welcome the opportunity to get better control of all those instruments in a live setting.

Can't wait to put it to use!

Comments

Popular Posts