why you'd hate to live in mexico

Here's a quote from a man who was tortured in Mexico. He's an honest cop who was arrested for corruption and questioned. It turns out that his name was included on a list of names given by another cop who'd been questioned in the same manner — a sickening spiral of law enforcement gone wrong.
"I say, 'O.K., I'll do what you want.' I was always screaming, 'Please, please don't do that t me.' But I think they don't care." He was given a denunciation, a list of names, to sign. "The worst thing to me was that I signed that paper, which I hadn't even read." ...

I just signed the paper. Whatever. This was on a Wednesday. They destroyed my mind. They destroyed my spirit. Always with tape and handfcuffs. No opportunity to defend myself. But the government, the military, believed what I'm confessing. They believed things I said yes to from torture, because I don't want to die. They are very bad persons, but they are also stupid."


They are very bad persons, but they are also stupid.

Yes, they are very bad persons, and they are also stupid.

Comments

Popular Posts