farewell to grace

I just got back from playing the service at Grace Anglican Fellowship, where I've been leading music for about 4 months. I've been choosing songs and song orders, charting up charts, rehearsing the band, and leading the congregation every week for their only service, Sunday at 5pm.

What a great time it's been. This is one of the churches that broke off, fairly peacefully, with Christ Episcopal this summer. With the largest church in the diocese dividing into three smaller groups, it's been amazing to see the lack of rancor. (One also sees some of the same people off and on at all three congregations, and there appears to be a high level of we're-still-friends to it.) Even among those who have felt wounded in the process, there's a great deal of grace and positive energy.

Grace is a dynamic, spirit-filled group of people who really want to serve God well and in a new way. I've been proud to be associated with them; I've especially been proud and delighted to work with their worship team, which is embarrassingly well-stocked with good singers and players. Even though my contract with them is up, my heart continues with them in all they do.

Comments

Popular Posts