let justice roll, take 2

I wrote this song back in November, on November 5th, when the Scripture reading for the following Sunday was Amos 5. The song came pretty quickly. I was eager to find out whether it worked in a worship setting.

The congregation really liked it (it quickly became a favorite for the praise band). I've tried it out with a few other congregations when I've led worship as a guest leader, and it's been very easy to teach and lead, and for other musicians to pick up.

My first recording of it was a scratch, done in about thirty minutes. This time I took my time and tweaked every track and every note. I'm pleased with the result, especially with my first chance to record with the superb vocalist Sarah Smith.

I also like the Dennis DeYoung tribute synth line in the second and third choruses. I knew it needed something, and, strangely enough, that's what came to me. Works, doesn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts