homes

Suppose you met a new member of your church, and they said this:

"I walked in here the first day, and it just felt like my home. I knew this was where God wanted me."

What would you say in response? What if you said this:

"Hm, why didn't you choose Church of the Redeemer? It's perfectly wonderful, and the people are just as nice there as they are here, and their ministries are excellent. Honestly, it's a bit immature of you to place such emphasis on which church you're in. Spiritual milk, that. I'd like to think that I could serve anywhere."

Would you say that? What would you think of a person who did? (Beyond, of course, asking them why they chose this place instead of Church of the Redeemer.) Probably what you'd say is more something like this:

"Wow! That's fantastic! We've been waiting for you here, and it's obvious that the Lord has work for you here. I'm so glad you followed your heart."

Now. What if that person said this:

"This isn't family for me. The people here are wonderful and friendly, and they're doing great things for the Kingdom, but I've just never felt like this was my home."

My hope is that you'd say:

"Well, get out there and find them! I know that God has work for you to do, and a place for you to do it. Blessings to you!"

Comments

Popular Posts