salisbury easter sermon

This being Easter weekend, I thought I'd share a remarkable sermon that I happened to hear exactly ten years ago.

I was traveling through England, and thought it would be good to spend Palm Sunday at St Paul's Cathedral, with all its glorious museumlike pageantry, then spend Easter at Salisbury, the living breathing cathedral that is my favorite in all the world. They have ancient art, modern art, and bulletins for next week's youth picnic. It's a real parish.

Salisbury is also the place where these people's great-great-great-etc grandfolks erected Stonehenge. They've been celebrating Easter since before it happened. No surprise then, that the Dean of the cathedral would come up with some insights into the universality of the Christ event. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts